Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for booking made before 6th May 2021, click here.
“Accommodation” – The overnight accommodation at the Venue made available for you as part of your Booking.
“Accommodation Booking” – The written request of the Customer for the provision of accommodation at the Venue (whether in connection with a specific Function or otherwise), which The Venue Group agrees to provide subject to these terms and conditions.
“Booking” – The written request of the Customer for the provision of services including the Function and the Accommodation, which The Venue Group agrees to provide subject to these terms and conditions.
“Booking Form” – The document setting out the Customer’s agreed Booking details at the time a Booking is confirmed which we require the Customer to sign to confirm the Customer’s agreement.
“Cancellation Costs” – The cancellation costs the Customer will incur in the event of cancellation.
“Contract” – The binding contract between the Customer and The Venue Group for a Booking which is made pursuant to these terms and conditions as described in these terms and conditions, the Booking Form and the Venue Rules, all of which we require you to sign to confirm your agreement.
“Customer” – The person(s), firm or other body contracting with The Venue Group for the provision of services connected with a Function and the Accommodation. All named Customer(s) will be jointly and severally bound by the terms of the Contract and the Venue Group will treat any communication or instruction it receives from the Customer (even if from only one of them) as being communicated for and on behalf of all Customer(s).
“Estimated Price” – The total estimated Price for a Booking, based on the details the Customer provides at the time of making a Booking. The Estimated Price is set out in the Booking Form and may be adjusted from time to time if amendments to a Booking are agreed in writing with the Venue Group.
“Deposit” – A non-returnable non-refundable deposit of £2,000 including VAT payable at the time that the Customer confirms a Booking.
“Function” – The event and services in respect of which the Customer has made a Booking with The Venue Group.
“Function Date” – The Customer’s booked Function Date as set out in the Booking Form.
“Price” – The total price payable by the Customer to The Venue Group under the Contract.
“Schedule Payments” – The amounts payable by the Customer to The Venue Group towards the Price and the timings for making those payments, as set out in these .
“The Venue Group” – Venues Management Ltd trading as The Venue Group and its employees, officers and agents.
“Unexpected Event” – Any event or circumstance that is not within The Venue Group or the Customer’s reasonable control. A list of unexpected events is set out at clause 39.
“VAT” – Value Added Tax or any equivalent tax payable by law at the Function Date.
“Venue” – The venue and premises managed by The Venue Group at which the Customer’s Function will take place in accordance with these terms and conditions.
“Venue Hire Fee” – The fee payable by the Customer for use by the Customer and the Customer’s guests of the Venue during the Function.
“Venue Manager” – The employee of The Venue Group to whom The Venue Group has delegated responsibility for liaising with the Customer and agreeing, arranging and managing the preparation for the Function at the Venue.
“Venue Rules” – The Venue Group’s rules applicable to a specific Venue, which are provided with the Customer’s Contract, forming part of the binding Contract with the Venue Group.
Bookings & Deposit
1. The Customer shall confirm a Booking by completing, signing and returning the Booking Form together with payment in full of the Deposit.
2. A Contract is only made between The Venue Group and the Customer after The Venue Group has received the Booking Form and payment of the Deposit in cleared funds and no Booking shall be binding on The Venue Group until the requirements of this clause 2 have been met.
3. Where Accommodation is offered at a Venue, the Booking for a Function shall automatically include the reservation of all available rooms at the Venue for the use of the Customer and the Customer’s guests at the prevailing room rate (as notified to the Customer by the Venue Manager) subject to these terms and conditions.
4. Each Accommodation Booking with regard to clause 3 above shall be in the name of the Customer. The Customer shall be entitled to gift or charge the rooms to the Customer’s guests but the Customer shall be responsible for the cost of all Accommodation Bookings.
5. The Customer will need to provide the Venue Group with the names of the Customer’s guests who will be using the Accommodation no less than 6 weeks before the Function Date.
Deposits and Scheduled Payments
6. The Customer shall pay the fees relating to the Booking and the Function and the Accommodation on the following terms:
6.1. The Venue Hire Fee and the cost of the Accommodation (less the Deposit) shall be paid by the Customer no later than 9 calendar months prior to the Function Date.
6.2. 50% of the Venue Group’s invoice for the Function (including but not limited to an estimated drinks package, the catering estimated package must be paid no later than 6 calendar months prior to the Function Date.
6.3. The balance of The Venue Group’s invoice for the Function (incorporating but not limited to any agreed additions and based on the guaranteed final numbers of guests notified to The Venue Group in accordance with these terms and conditions together with any agreed adjustments to the pricing of food and drinks packages), and the returnable security retainer of £500 shall be paid by the Customer no later than 6 weeks prior to the Function Date.
6.4. Any incidental costs or charges relating to the Booking and the Function (including but not limited to charges incurred on the Function Date for additional staff, entertainment, food, drinks or damages) shall be paid in full by the Customer on receipt of The Venue Group’s invoice and in any event within 21 days of the end of the Function.
6.5. Bookings confirmed within 30 days of the Function Date are to be paid in full at the time of confirmation.
6.6. All charges payable by the Customer shall include VAT at the applicable rate on the day of the Function.
Cancellation by the Customer
7. The Customer may, at any time, end its Contract with The Venue Group. However, the Customer’s rights to any refund of the Price, or part thereof, will depend on when the Customer decides to end the Contract.
8. If the Customer wishes to cancel its Booking, for whatever reason, the Customer must contact The Venue Group in writing (which can be by email). Unless The Venue Group agrees otherwise with the Customer, the cancellation will come into effect on the date that The Venue Group confirms receipt of the Customer’s request to cancel (which the Venue Group will not delay unreasonably). Please note: The Venue Group will treat each written notice to cancel that it receives from the Customer (even if from only one of the Customers) as being communicated jointly for and on behalf of all Customer(s) named on the Booking Form.
9. In the event that the Customer cancels the Booking or Function (or, subject to clause 19 below, changes or varies the Customer’s requirements for a Booking or Function, which results in a material reduction of the value of the Booking) then the charges set out in the Cancellation Costs table below will apply and the Customer agrees that it will pay the costs to The Venue Group. The Cancellation Costs will be payable within 21 days of the date upon which the Customer notifies The Venue Group in writing [(which can be by email)] of the cancellation or change or variation:
|Date of Customer cancellation (for cancellations other than a transfer of date which is dealt with at clauses 8 – 17 (inclusive) below)||Cancellation Costs calculated as a percentage of the Estimated price (unless the actual price is known, in which case the Cancellation Costs are calculated as a percentage of the Price)|
|12 + months before Function Date||Deposit|
|12 – 6 months before Function Date||Deposit, Venue Hire Fee, Accommodation and 50% of The Venue Group’s invoice for the Function (incorporating any extras agreed with the Venue Manager from time to time)|
|6 months – 6 weeks before Function Date||Deposit, Venue Hire Fee, Accommodation and 75% of The Venue Group’s invoice for the Function (incorporating any extras agreed with the Venue Manager from time to time)|
|Less than 6 weeks before Function Date||Deposit, Venue Hire Fee, Accommodation, 100% of The Venue Group’s invoice (incorporating any extras agreed with the Venue Manager from time to time)|
Please note: For very late cancellations of less than 30 days, the Customer may also be required to compensate The Venue Group for additional unavoidable costs it incurs as a result of the Customer’s cancelled Booking, if The Venue Group’s costs exceed the above Cancellation Costs, for example if The Venue Group already purchased perishable products for the Booking based on the Customer’s catering requirements.
10. The Venue Group and the Customer agree that the charges set out in the Cancellation Costs table above represent a genuine pre-estimate of The Venue Group’s losses that directly result from the Customer’s cancelled Booking. This includes the costs of services provided to the Customer before cancellation, the unavoidable expenses The Venue Group will incur and its direct loss of profit (including the value of the Customer’s Function Date and likelihood of The Venue Group being able to rebook the Customer’s cancelled Booking).
11. The Venue Group will use reasonable endeavours to mitigate its losses set out in the Cancellation Costs table above by marketing the date for booking by another customer in an attempt to reduce the amounts payable by the Customer. However, any such reduction shall be at the discretion of The Venue Group, whose decision shall be final.
12. If the Customer’s payments towards the Price already made are more than the Cancellation Costs, The Venue Group will refund the balance to the Customer within 21 days of The Venue Group confirming receipt of the Customer’s request to cancel.
13. The Customer should obtain suitable insurance cover against the costs associated with the necessity of cancelling, changing or varying the Booking and/or the Accommodation Booking.
14. If The Venue Group fails to perform its obligations to the Customer under the Contract with reasonable care and skill or is otherwise in breach of its obligations to the Customer, the Customer is entitled to request that The Venue Group re-performs those obligations within a reasonable period. Alternatively, the Customer may request a partial refund to reflect those obligations under the Contract that The Venue Group failed to perform with reasonable care and skill.
15. If The Venue Group fails to perform its obligations under the Contract with reasonable care and skill or is otherwise in breach of its obligations to the Customer and re-performance or Price reduction will not remedy The Venue Group’s failure or breach, the Customer is entitle to cancel the Contract with immediate effect and receive a refund of the Price the Customer has paid. The Cancellation Costs set out in the Cancellation Costs table above will not apply. Please note that the Venue Group may be entitled to a smaller, proportionate contribution towards Cancellation Costs if the Customer cancels due to The Venue Group’s fault but the Customer is also partly at fault and in breach of its obligations under the Contract with the Venue Group or has otherwise engaged in unacceptable conduct (for unacceptable conduct, see clause 31).
16. If the Customer wishes to cancel its Booking due to The Venue Group’s delay, hindrance or prevention from providing the Venue and / or performing any of the services due to an Unexpected Event, the Customer will be liable only for the amount set out in the Unexpected Events clause and not the (higher) Cancellation Costs applicable to Customer cancellations where there is no Unexpected Event.
Due to the nature of the Booking, the statutory right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 does not apply. This is because the Booking is considered a leisure service activity and is booked for a specified date.
Transfer of the Function Date by the Customer
17. In the event that the Customer wishes to change the Function Date (as specified in the Booking Form) to a new date, then clauses 18 – 26 (inclusive) shall apply.
18. All requests for the transfer of the Function Date must be notified in writing to The Venue Group in accordance with these terms and conditions, and are subject to availability. The Customer must include in the request, particulars of:
18.1. the original confirmed Function Date (as specified in the Booking Form) that the Customer wishes to transfer and release; and
18.2. the proposed new Function Date that the Customer wishes to book.
19. A request by the Customer to transfer the Function Date may only be revoked with the written consent of The Venue Group.
20. A request by the Customer to transfer the Function Date will only be accepted and effective after The Venue Group has confirmed to the Customer in writing:
20.1. that it has received the Customer’s request (as required by these terms and conditions) to transfer the Function Date; and
20.2. that the proposed new Function Date is available for booking; and
20.3. that it agrees to the transfer of the Function Date to the new date as specified in the request from the Customer pursuant to clause 18, and the Customer has complied with its obligations in respect of new booking forms and payments as set out in clauses 21 to 26 (inclusive) below.
21. Following confirmation by The Venue Group of the new Function Date as set out above, The Venue Group will send to the Customer a new Booking Form for the new Function Date. Within 10 days of the date of The Venue Group sending the new booking form to the Customer, the Customer shall: –
21.1. complete and return the new Booking Form to The Venue Group; and
21.2. pay to The Venue Group any additional deposit, fees or charges that may be due in respect of the new Function Date (in each case as notified by The Venue Group to the Customer).
22. The Customer acknowledges that the amounts (including, but not limited to, any Venue Hire Fees), may change as a result of the transfer of and to the new Function Date.
23. The Venue Group will, at the time it provides confirmation to the Customer under clause 21 above, notify the Customer of the due date for payment of the balance of any Venue Hire Fee.
24. If any payment and/or the completed new Booking Form are not received by The Venue Group within the 10 day period set out in clause 21 above, then The Venue Group reserves the right to cancel the Booking, Function and Accommodation without further notice to the Customer. This applies to all Bookings, Functions and Accommodation.
25. The Venue Group’s then prevailing terms and conditions apply to all Bookings. The new Function Date will be booked under The Venue Group’s then prevailing terms and conditions and will supersede any previous terms and conditions of The Venue Group.
26. PLEASE NOTE – the following fees and charges are payable by the Customer in respect of any transfer of the Function Date:
26.1. in any case, an administration fee of £50, which is due and payable by the Customer at the date The Venue Group sends to the Customer a new booking form in respect of the new Function Date pursuant to clause 21 above; PLUS
26.2. the amounts set out in the table below (all such amounts (unless specified otherwise in the table below) being due and payable by the Customer at the date The Venue Group sends to the Customer a new booking form in respect of the new Function Date pursuant to clause 21 above): –
|RELEVANT PERIOD||AMOUNT (£)|
|If the request by the Customer to transfer the Function Date is received by The Venue Group more than 12 months before the Function Date (as specified in the original Booking)||£nil.|
|If the request by the Customer to transfer the original Function Date is received by The Venue Group less than 12 months, but more than 9 months, before the Function Date (as specified in the original Booking)||An amount equal to 50% of the Deposit relating to the original Booking (which may be deducted by The Venue Group from any such Deposit already paid and actually received by The Venue Group prior to the date of the request by the Customer to The Venue Group).
The balance of the Deposit (if any) relating to the original Booking actually received by The Venue Group prior to the date of the request by the Customer will be transferred and applied to the Booking and Function to be held on the new Function Date.
The Customer shall pay the balance of the Deposit relating to the new Function Date and the Booking relating to the new Function Date.
|If the request by the Customer to transfer the original Function Date is received by The Venue Group less 9 months but more than 6 months before the original Function Date (as specified in the original Booking)||An amount equal to 100% of the Deposit relating to the original Booking (which may be deducted by The Venue Group from any such Deposit already paid and actually received by The Venue Group prior to the date of the request by the Customer to The Venue Group).
The Customer shall pay a new Deposit relating to the new Function Date and the Booking relating to the new Function Date.
|If the request by the Customer to transfer the original Function Date is received by The Venue Group 6 months or less before the original Function Date (as specified in the original Booking)||NO request to transfer the original Function Date may be made and the provisions of clause 7 (cancellation) shall apply.|
Cancellation by The Venue Group
27. The Venue Group may cancel the Customer’s Booking with immediate effect by giving the Customer notice in writing (including by email) if:
27.1. The Customer fails to pay any of the Scheduled Payments when they are due and the Customer has not made payment 28 days, or, if non-payment is within six weeks of the Function Date seven days, after being asked by The Venue Group in writing to make such payment. In this situation, the cancellation will take effect on the date that the Scheduled Payment was originally due; or
27.2. The Customer commits a serious breach of any of its obligations under the Contract and (if capable of remedy) does not remedy this breach within 14 days of being asked by The Venue Group to remedy the breach, or the Customer otherwise indicates that it intends to commit a serious breach of the terms of the Contract (including the Venue Rules), or if the serious breach occurs on the Function Date.
28. A serious breach includes any failure to make Scheduled Payments, and also:
28.1. any breach of the Contract which breaches any law or regulatory requirement, poses a health, safety or fire risk or which otherwise jeopardises any of The Venue Group’s operating licenses;
28.2. the Customer demanding that The Venue Group do anything that it cannot or should not do (due to such action breaching any law or regulatory requirement, posing a health, safety or fire risk or otherwise jeopardising any of The Venue Group’s operating licences), or the Customer otherwise demanding that The Venue Group permits the Customer do anything that breaches any law or regulatory requirement, poses a health, safety or fire risk or otherwise jeopardises any of The Venue Group’s operating licenses, after The Venue Group has informed the Customer that it is not permitted;
28.3. the Customer failing to provide mandatory information The Venue Group requires from the Customer to carry out The Venue Group’s obligations under the Contract.
29. If the Booking is cancelled in any of the above scenarios, the Customer agrees that the Cancellation Costs set out in the Cancellation Costs table above will apply and be payable by the Customer to The Venue Group. The Venue Group will also not be responsible for any costs that the Customer continues to incur despite the Booking being cancelled. For example: non-refundable payments to other suppliers for services the Customer has booked.
30. The Venue Group will take reasonable steps to mitigate its losses that result from the cancelled Booking. The Cancellation Costs will be subject to deductions (in the form of a refund at a later date) to the extent that The Venue Group is able to mitigate its losses wholly or in part (for example, by reselling the cancelled Booking), subject to any such deductions to account for losses The Venue Group is not able to mitigate.
31. The Venue Group also reserves its right to cancel the Booking with immediate effect by giving the Customer notice in writing (including email) if the Customer engages in unacceptable conduct and has persisted with such unacceptable conduct for more than 7 days after The Venue Group asked the Customer to stop, or immediately if the unacceptable conduct occurs on the Function Date. Any such cancellation will remain at The Venue Group’s discretion.
31.1. The Venue Group treats the following as examples of unacceptable conduct: any threatening, abusive or derogatory behaviour towards The Venue Group’s staff (which includes verbal and written abuse, comments and remarks) or conduct intended, or which is likely, to have the effect of damaging The Venue Group’s reputation.
32. If The Venue Group cancels the Booking due to no fault of its own (or any Unexpected Event) The Venue Group will not be responsible for any costs that the Customer may continue to incur despite the Booking being cancelled.
33. Unless The Venue Group cancels the Booking because the Customer has seriously breached the terms of the Contract, or due to an Unexpected Event (please see clause 39), The Venue Group will refund to the Customer all payments made by the Customer towards the Price. Please note that The Venue Group may be entitled to retain its own proportionate expenses if the Customer is also partly at fault and in breach of its own obligations under the Contract with The Venue Group or has otherwise engaged in unacceptable conduct.
34. The Venue Group may be prevented from carrying out its obligations under these terms and conditions in relation to a Booking and or Function by an Unexpected Event in which case The Venue Group shall notify the Customer in writing of, and the reasons for, such cancellation.
35. If The Venue Group is prevented from carrying out its obligations due to an Unexpected Event, then The Venue Group’s liability to the Customer shall be limited to the amounts already paid by the Customer to The Venue Group at the time of the cancellation.
36. The Venue Group shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to any property, equipment stock, vehicles or possessions brought to the Venue by the Customer or the Customer’s guests, employees, contractors, agents or suppliers, or hired by The Venue Group on the Customer’s behalf.
37. The Customer acknowledges and accepts that any property or possessions referred to in clause 36 above will remain under the control and care of the Customer before, during and after the Function and that the Customer is in the best position to insure such property against theft or damage and accordingly it is reasonable for The Venue Group to exclude liability for such property to the extent referred to above.
38. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude The Venue Group’s liability for:
38.1. death or personal injury caused by The Venue Group’s negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or sub-contractors; or
38.2. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
39. An ‘Unexpected Event’ (otherwise known as a ‘force majeure event’) means a cause or circumstance not within The Venue Group’s reasonable control (as listed below) which affects the performance of The venue Group’s obligations under the Contract:
39.1. acts of God (flood, drought, earthquake, other natural disaster, severe weather warning or adverse weather event);
39.2. collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident;
39.3. epidemic or pandemic (this includes but is not limited to COVID-19), in each case including, but not limited to, any actions, recommendations, announcements or restrictions, related to its subject matter (whether made by a government body, authority, public health organisation or other similar official body) or outbreak at the Venue;
39.4. terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations;
39.5. nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, or sonic boom;
39.6. any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing an export or import restriction, quota or prohibition; and
39.7. interruption or failure of utility service.
40. If The Venue Group is delayed, hindered or prevented from providing the Venue [and / or performing any of the services] due to an Unexpected Event The Venue Group will contact the Customer as soon as reasonably possible to let the Customer know. The Venue Group will also take reasonable steps to minimise the impact of such Unexpected Event. Please Note: The Venue Group will not be in breach of its obligations to the Customer under the Contract to the extent The Venue Group is delayed, hindered or prevented from doing so to the Customer due to the Unexpected Event.
41. If an Unexpected Event occurs, The Venue Group will discuss its proposed steps to minimise the impact of the Unexpected Event and the Customer’s options with the Customer. These options will differ on a case-by-case basis depending on the nature of the Booking and the impact of the Unexpected Event.
42. If The Venue Group and the Customer are unable to agree on a suitable option for the Customer to minimise the impact of the Unexpected Event, the Customer may contact The Venue Group (or The Venue Group may contact the Customer) to end the Contract with The Venue Group and cancel the Booking.
43. If the Booking is cancelled as a result of an Unexpected Event, the Customer will be entitled to a refund of monies paid (or, where applicable, a release from further liability to make payment) under the Contract, less:
43.1. The Venue Group’s reasonable expenses incurred in relation to the Booking up to the date of cancellation; and
43.2. The Venue Group’s unavoidable expenses it will incur in relation to the Booking after the date of cancellation (for example, expenses The Venue Group is committed to pay to external suppliers and pre-ordered products that The Venue Group cannot cancel).
Please note: when calculating The Venue Group’s reasonable expenses incurred in relation to the Booking, The Venue Group may include within these calculations its overhead expenses relevant to the booked Venue use [and services] (for example, staffing and Venue maintenance costs to prepare the Venue for [and / or provide Services associated with] the Booking.
An indication of the likely (maximum) expenses incurred by The Venue Group as a percentage of the total cost of the Booking at various stages is set out in the ‘Unexpected Events Retained Costs’ table below:
Unexpected Events Retained Costs
|Date of cancellation due to Unexpected Event||The Venue Group’s retained costs calculated as a percentage (%) of the Estimated Price (unless the actual Price is known, in which case The Venue Group’s retained costs are calculated as a percentage (%) of the Price)|
|12+ months before Function||25% – 30%|
|12 – 9 months before Function||30% – 40%|
|9 – 6 months before Function||40% – 50%|
|6 – 3 months before Function||50% – 55%|
|Less than 3 months before Function||55% – 65%|
Please Note: The Venue Group will make every effort to calculate its retained costs as quickly as possible and will also deduct any costs The Venue Group is able to mitigate. This includes if The Venue Group receives payment under a relevant insurance policy.
44. Upon the Customer’s cancellation of the Booking due to an Unexpected Event, if the Customer’s payments towards the Price already made are more than the Unexpected Events retained costs, The Venue Group will refund the balance to the Customer within 14 days of The Venue Group’s confirming its total retained costs. If the Customer’s payments towards the Price are less than the Unexpected Events retained costs, The Venue Group may at its discretion issue an invoice to the Customer for the balance, which the Customer agrees to pay to The Venue Group (in cleared funds) within 14 days of the date of the invoice.
45. Please note: If the Customer wishes to cancel the booking due to The Venue Group’s delay, hindrance or prevention from providing the Venue and / or performing any of the services due to an Unexpected Event, the Customer will be liable only for the above amounts and not the (higher) Cancellation Costs applicable to Client cancellations where there is no Unexpected Event.
Confirmation of Function Details
46. Confirmation of all details relating to the Function shall be made by the Customer to The Venue Group no later than 6 weeks prior to the Function Date.
47. No later than 6 weeks prior to the Function Date, the Customer shall notify the Venue Manager of:
47.1. guaranteed final numbers of guests attending the Function; and
47.2. any special dietary requirements for any of the Customer’s guests at the Function (please note that The Venue Group will rely on the information provided by the Customer and/or the guest with regard to dietary requirements and prepare specific meals for those guests with specific needs and as such, no alternative dish or preparation to the one specifically prepared for a guest will be available to such guests during the Function).
48. For the avoidance of doubt once guest numbers have been confirmed in accordance with clause 47.1 above then such numbers shall be the minimum basis for charging the Customer even if fewer guests attend the Function than were previously confirmed.
49. If the Customer seeks to make any changes to the Booking or Function fewer than 6 weeks prior to the date of the Event, each such change shall be requested in writing by the Customer and The Venue Group may at its absolute discretion choose to agree such changes subject to payment of a £25 administration fee for each requested change, together with any additional costs, by the Customer immediately on presentation of The Venue Group’s invoice for the same.
Supply of Additional Goods & Services
50. The Customer shall pay The Venue Group’s charges for any additional goods and services provided by The Venue Group at the request of the Customer or any person purporting to act on behalf of the Customer and having ostensible authority to do so unless covered by other provisions of this Contract.
51. Any special requests, incentives, discounts or other indulgences shall only be binding on The Venue Group if agreed and confirmed in writing by The Venue Group.
52. No food, wine, beer or spirits may be brought into the Venue by the Customer or the Customer’s guests, for consumption on the premises, unless the prior written consent of The Venue Group has been obtained and an additional charge has been agreed upon and paid.
Damage to Persons or Property
53. The Customer shall take (and shall procure that its guests, employees, agents and contractors shall take) every precaution not to injure any person or damage the Venue or any property of The Venue Group or any third party connected with the Function.
54. The Customer agrees to fully indemnify The Venue Group from and against all claims or demands by third parties (including but not limited to the employees, sub-contractors and guests of the Customer), at law or in equity in connection with the Function arising out of the Customer’s negligence or breach of any term of this Agreement.
55. The Customer will ensure that nothing is affixed to the floors, walls, ceilings or columns of the Venue, or any other part of the Venue, by nails, screws, tape, drawing pins or other means, or suspended from the roofs or ceilings thereof unless previously agreed to in writing by The Venue Group.
56. The Customer shall pay to The Venue Group a £500 security retainer payable prior to the Function in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event of any damage or loss to the property including carpets, fixtures and decorations or alcohol being brought in and consumed at the Venue, a charge will be made from this retainer. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that the security retainer is insufficient to meet the cost of any such loss or damage, then the Customer shall indemnify The Venue Group in full in accordance with clause 64 of these terms and conditions. If a deduction from the security retainer is required, The Venue Group may levy an administration charge of up to £50.
Timing of the Function
57. The Customer shall commence the Function promptly at the time agreed with The Venue Group and shall ensure that after the Function, the Customer and all guests shall have left the Venue no later than the time set by The Venue Group under the terms of the Booking confirmation.
58. If a meal is provided by The Venue Group or The Venue Group’s approved caterer as part of the Function, the Customer shall ensure that those attending the Function are ready to be served their food at the time agreed between the Customer and the Venue Manager and that unless otherwise agreed in writing, the meal is completed within a period of two hours, otherwise a supplementary charge will apply. This charge will be determined by the Venue Manager and will be added to the Customer’s final event invoice for payment pursuant to clause 6.4 of this agreement.
59. The Customer agrees to reimburse all expenses incurred by The Venue Group resulting from breach of the Customer’s obligations under clauses 27 and 28 (including but not limited to any additional payments to staff).
60. The Customer shall ensure that the Venue is cleared of all materials and equipment brought into the Venue by the Customer, its guests or their employees, agents or contractors, by the time the Function has ended (or such other period as may be previously agreed in writing by the Venue Manager). If the Customer breaches its obligations under this provision, Customer shall pay an additional charge to The Venue Group for the excess period that the materials or equipment are located at the Venue.
Conduct of the Function in an Orderly Manner
61. The Customer will, when requested by The Venue Group, provide full details of the nature of, and agenda for the Function, the names of the guests and third parties and any other information required by The Venue Group from time to time.
62. All electrical and audio-visual equipment must comply with the IEE Regulations and Safety Standards current at the time of the Function. Utility connection and consumption charges will be payable by Customer where appropriate.
63. All performers engaged by the Customer to perform at the Venue must be in possession of public liability insurance to the value of £2,000,000. The Venue Manager shall have total authority to instruct live acts to operate, or cease to operate, as he or she sees fit within the Function requirements. The use of Pyrotechnics, smoke and dry ice must be approved in writing before the Function by the Venue’s Fire Officer.
64. The Customer shall indemnify The Venue Group, and its landlord, in respect of any and all claims asserted against The Venue Group, or its landlord, by the Function guests, or otherwise in connection with any breach of this Agreement by the Customer.
65. Function entertainment (including but not limited to all bands and discos) must cease at the same time that the bar closes.
66. The Customer shall ensure that the Function will not be conducted and that its guests will not behave in a way which will, or may, constitute a breach of the law or cause a nuisance or be an infringement of, or occasion for, or render possible forfeiture or endorsement or non-renewal of licences for the Venue or conflict with The Venue Group’s fire certificates.
67. While the Function is likely to be an occasion for celebration, The Venue Group operates a policy of zero tolerance towards (without limitation) the possession and/or use of illegal drugs, illegal gaming or betting, violence and drunken, abusive or threatening behaviour. In the event that the Venue Manager or and The Venue Group employees or agents discover or experience any such behaviour, The Venue Group reserves the right to take such action as The Venue Group considers (in its sole discretion) necessary to ensure the safety of its personnel, including but not limited to any of the following:
67.1. stopping the sale of alcohol;
67.2. closing the Function bar early;
67.3. ending the Function early;
67.4. involving the police;
67.5. pursuing the individuals concerned in the civil courts, and the Customer shall indemnify The Venue Group and hold The Venue Group harmless in the event that any such action becomes necessary.
Right of Admission Reserved
68. The Venue Group reserves the right to exclude or eject any persons from the Venue who it shall reasonably consider to be objectionable (including any person engaged by the Customer to provide production, entertainment or to perform any other duties at the Function). The Customer will be liable for any claims, losses or damages arising thereby except where the Customer establishes negligence or bad faith by The Venue Group.
69. During Functions, security may be required and will be arranged by The Venue Group on behalf of the Customer and is chargeable to the Customer. The Customer agrees to indemnify The Venue Group against any claims by third parties and or losses or damages arising in connection with the arrangement of security services by The Venue Group.
70. Should the nature of the Function be deemed by The Venue Group (at its absolute discretion) to require additional security, this shall be chargeable over and above the normal services provided by The Venue Group.
71. The Customer acknowledges, for itself and on behalf of its guests, employees, contractors, agents and suppliers that all property, including but not limited to, vehicles, equipment and personal possessions, is left at the Venue at the owner’s own risk and The Venue Group shall not be held liable for any loss or damage to such property.
Health & Safety
72. All proposed structures or other arrangements in connection with the Function must comply with health, safety, fire and other applicable regulations. The Customer shall obtain and maintain adequate insurance against any damage to the Venue and/or The Venue Group’s property and also for third party risks. The Customer shall produce details of such insurance upon request.
73. At least two weeks prior to the Function Date, the Customer shall provide all relevant information relating to all construction plans for the Function to The Venue Group’s Health, Safety and Fire Officer who will review and approve the same subject to any recommendations or exceptions the officer may make, to which the Customer shall be bound.
74. Smoking and vaping are prohibited indoors at all Venues. The Customer shall confirm the location of any designated smoking area with the relevant Venue Manager.
75. The Customer shall not (and shall procure that the Customer’s guests, employees, agents and suppliers shall not) charge any electronic device in any of the power points at the Venue without the prior consent and knowledge of the Venue Manager in each case.
76. The Customer, its guests, employees and contractors may not enter any area other than those necessary and designated for use during the Function. Entry must be by prior arrangement with the concerned Venue Manager, and fire exit and automatic door closures must never be held or jammed open or obstructed at any time. The Venue Manager may (at his or her absolute discretion) delay the start of the Function if any fire exit or automatic door closure is blocked by equipment brought onto the premises for the Function, and no guests will be permitted entry until the problem is resolved.
77. Subject to clause 78 below, the Customer is required, as part of the Booking with The Venue Group, to obtain wedding / event insurance that provides (as a minimum) sufficient cover for the risk of the Booking being unable to proceed as a result of an Unexpected Event. This is due to the Customer’s financial commitments to The Venue Group if the Booking is cancelled because of an Unexpected Event. The Customer is also recommended to consider more comprehensive wedding / event insurance against the Customer’s other risks (such as potential financial commitments to other suppliers for the Customer’s event and also the Customer’s own expenditure if, for any reason other than an Unexpected Event, the Booking is cancelled or otherwise disrupted).
78. As part of the Customer’s above obligation and The Venue Group’s further recommendation to insure, The Venue Group strongly recommends that the Customer checks with its insurance provider that the policy sufficiently covers the Customer’s particular circumstances. For example: the Customer’s payment obligations to The Venue Group (and other wedding suppliers etc.) if the Booking is cancelled or postponed and other losses due to unforeseen circumstances.
If the Customer chooses not to, or is otherwise unable to obtain wedding / event insurance that provides sufficient cover for the Customer’s risks under the Contract, the Customer agrees that this is at the Customer’s own risk. The Venue Group will, however, not treat the Customer choosing not to take out insurance (or being unable to obtain insurance) as a breach by the Customer of the Contract.
Outdoor Wedding Ceremonies
79. The Venue Group may charge an additional, non-refundable fee to hold a wedding ceremony at any of its licenced outdoor venues.
80. The Venue Group is required by the registrar to have an alternative indoor venue available in case of bad weather. If the weather forecast looks too unsettled or unsatisfactory to proceed with an outdoor ceremony, The Venue Group may at any time decide and require (at its absolute discretion) that the wedding ceremony be moved to and take place at the alternative indoor venue.
81. Check-in is available from 2.00pm on the day of arrival and Customers and their guests must check-out by no later than 10.00am on the day of departure. Late check-out may be available at the discretion of the Venue Manager.
82. The Venue Group may at any time assign, transfer, charge, sub-contract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights under the Contract and may sub-contract or delegate in any manner any or all of its obligations under the Contract to any third party or agent.
83. The Customer shall not, without the prior written consent of The Venue Group, assign, transfer, mortgage charge or sub-contract or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights or obligations under the Contract.
84. Any notice or other communication given to a party under or in connection with the Booking, the Function, the Accommodation Booking and these terms and conditions shall be in writing addressed to that party at the email address of the Venue Manager (in the case of The Venue Group) or the Customer, as notified to the other party from time to time.
85. If any provision or part provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
86. If any provision or part provision of these terms and conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the parties shall negotiate in good faith to amend such provisions so that, as amended, it is legal, valid and enforceable and to the greatest extent possible achieves the intended commercial result of the original provision.
87. A waiver by The Venue Group of any right under these terms and conditions or at law is only effective if it is made in writing and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. No failure or delay by The Venue Group in exercising any right or remedy provided under these terms and conditions or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent nor restrict its further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
88. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between The Venue Group and the Customer, nor constitute either party the agent of the other for any purpose. Neither party shall have authority to act as agent for, or to bind, the other party in any way.
89. A person who is not a party to the Contract shall not have any right to enforce its terms.
90. Where the Customer is made up of more than one person or entity, those persons or entities constituting the Customer shall be jointly and severally liable under the Contract.
91. Except as set out in these terms and conditions, no variation of the Contract including the introduction of any additional terms and conditions, shall be effective unless it is agreed in writing and signed by The Venue Group.
92. The Contract between the Customer and The Venue Group and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation including with reference to these terms and conditions and any non-contractual disputes or claims, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
93. Each party irrevocably agrees that the court of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
The Team at Milling Barn are incredible, Verity the events manager helped us to organise the day with planning meetings and was there to answer any questions. On the day of the wedding the team set up the barn as requested, the food was superb and waiting staff were professional and friendly. Steph the events coordinator made the day run like clockwork and kept everything running to schedule. We had no issues at all and would recommend Milling Barn to everyone. Thank you to everyone involved, we had a fantastic day!
Claire & Mike - August 2019
Me and Claire would like to say thank you for everything on Saturday (10th August 2019), we had a fantastic time and it couldn’t have gone any better.
Firstly we’d like to thank Verity for the planning meetings and support in leading up to the day, without her help we wouldn’t have been organised and prepared like we were.
Secondly, the team on Saturday were fantastic! The venue was set up perfectly and staff were attentive, friendly and professional throughout the day. The canapes and dinner service was exceptional. The food was brought out quickly and or guests commented on how nice the food was. The waiting staff were so quick at clearing the plates and bringing out the next dish, you couldn’t fault them.
Steph ensured the day ran like clockwork and was fantastic in helping to manage the suppliers. There was a problem with the sound keep cutting out but Steph explained the situation and worked with the DJ to try and stop this from happening. We understand this was the noise limiter and because of the location so we had no issues with this (the guests didn’t realise either).
Thank you once again for an amazing day!
Mike & Claire
We got married on the 1st June 2019 and Milling Barn exceeded all expectations that we had. Verity and Steph as well as the rest of the team at the venue made sure everything ran like clockwork and everything was perfect. All communications were responded too straight away and the phone was answered every time I called. Verity made one of the most stressful things a lot less stressful and was always very accommodating. I have had so many comments on how beautiful the venue is from our guests and I couldn't agree more with how wonderful it looked. We also had the advantage of having the new patio in the dressing room and the new bedrooms which were lovely! I would 100% recommend Milling Barn to anyone thinking of getting married - it really was the most magical day and better than we could have ever imagined. Thank you again Verity & Team. xx
Katy & Tom
Dear Verity and team
Whilst the weather gods were annoying and we didn’t get the woodland wedding, We couldn’t have had a better/happier/more magical day. Your help and support were really great guys, thank you so so much. It can’t be easy doing what you guys do, but you make it appear so, and really take the stress and worry off our hands.
I’ll whole-heartedly recommend milling barn to anyone.
Thanks a lot.
Megan and james. Xx (June 2019)
I just wanted to say thank you again for Friday! We had the best day ever, and all of our guests said how beautiful the venue was and how good the food was.
All the staff we spoke to in the lead up to and on the day were all amazing and couldn’t do enough to help us.
So thank you!
Crystal and Matt, October 2018
We loved Milling Barn from the first time we visited. It had clearly been carefully restored and we really appreciated all the open space and the opportunity to get married outside (English weather permitting, of course!) We wanted a slightly different schedule to the day and the team were really flexible, managing to accommodate everything we wanted. The food was delicious; the wood fired pizzas were especially popular! Everyone we worked with, particularly our coordinator, was incredibly helpful in the run up and so relaxed on the day. They made sure everything ran really smoothly and we didn’t have to worry about anything except enjoying ourselves. We would definitely recommend Milling Barn as a venue and are so glad we picked it for our own wedding day.
Jess & Liam, May 2018
Our wedding was everything we wanted and more. You have been organised, flexible and most important available to speak to whoever we have needed you. During our meetings you were transparent with all of our choices and the costs that would go with these. You were able to help us adapt the choices available to meet our needs. You and your colleagues organisation and management of the day was spot on and the day flowed seamlessly despite the rain. The food/drink both at the wedding breakfast and the evening were fantastic and a lot of our guests commented on how tasty the burgers were :) Milling barn is truely a beautiful venue which I am so pleased we were able to use for our special day.
Hannah & Jamie
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at Milling Barn for putting on such a great day for our wedding. You and Rob were so helpful throughout and all the staff made sure everyone was being looked after from start to finish.
Kelly and I are so grateful for everything and we wish you all the very best for the future. If anyone asks for a recommendation for a wedding venue I will be sure to put them in touch with you!
Kelly & Lewis
This was the first and ONLY venue that my now husband and I viewed at the beginning of the year, fell in love with it, and decided to go ahead and book. Working with the venue team was extremely easy from the outset, and we got everything we wished for in our wedding day, and more. The venue is incredible and beautiful even without any additional decorations, the chef's at the Chopping Block are great, and very accommodating of special requests, and all other staff were fantastic. The most amazing and memorable day in my life at Milling Barn.. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for hosting our wedding this weekend. The venue is beautiful and the planning team was brilliant. All queries answered quickly and everyone loved the barn! Milling Barn was our first venue we looked at and we didn't even bother to look at any others. Thank you again for being a massive part of making our big day so wonderful.
Rosalyn & Darrell Simmons